Thank God Autumn is beautiful - because it depresses the hell out of me.
It signals the beginning of a long period of living in the dark, being cold and breathing horribly stuffy air. Almost immediately - with a brief reprieve around Halloween due to daylight savings time *whatever* - I am trudging off to work in the dark and coming home in the dark. I have to start closing my windows, turning on the fireplace, wearing layers and layer of clothes. Illness is inherent in this as well, stuck inside, breathing the same ghastly air that your coworker (sick as a dog, thanks very much for making it in to share your germs with me) 6 cubes away just exhaled - after adding the equivalent of a neutron germ bomb.
You know, I could do the season for a day, but Autumn signals about 9 endless, wet and boring months of it. Truth be told, I am actually my most productive during this time, but it is simply because I am avoiding dwelling on how much I hate it. (sorry for dragging you into my loathing and despair - when even I hate being in it)
Every year, about this time, I start picking up travel magazines, surfing Travelocity and Club Med websites frequently, and actually consider moving to warmer climes.
I wonder if being raised in Libya is the fuel to this inferno?
Well - sorry for the down post - but I just hate this time of year. Hope I snap out of it soon.
Time to start Christmas shopping.... that ought to perk me up a little at least.
What else can I do to 'lighten' my mood? What do you do when Autumn hits?
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment