Thursday, September 11, 2008

Train Wreck

I am hurtling down a mountain on a train - my soon to be ex husband is heaping the coals on the fire of the engine and he has already disabled the brakes. I am in one of the cars with my children, with my arms wrapped as protectively around them as I can in the face of certain disaster, certain harm, holding onto them tightly.
He laughs maniacally at us all, and just in time jumps safely out of the train.
I am not liking this part of divorce - I am not liking the powerlessness - I am not liking the harm and stress this is inducing on my children. I am not liking the fear. Never did like the fear - but it got me to leave.
and I will be free and that is where I fix my eyes, and that is the destination I tell my kids about. The freedom will be worth this horrible...

No comments: