I have this place I go - it is so different from where I live and what my life is - I refer to it as an 'alternate universe'. I have no stress there. Mostly no rules. I am welcomed, delighted in, enjoyed. I have no chores, no bills, no real responsibility. I don't get to visit often, but when I do, sometimes I am very sad to leave it, other times I am ready to go. When I get to visit for longer than 'normal', I feel I need a break to sort of 'reality check' myself.
I have been wondering lately if it is smart to have this place or not. Is escaping reality valid? healthy? wise?
Should I make a clean break? or should I enjoy it while the rest of my life is difficult, challenging, tumultuous?
OR
Is this alternate universe actually reality and it is where everyone else lives? Have I been living in, only experiencing a true alternate universe for so long that I no longer recognize regular life as normal? There really might be some truth to this notion. I personally doubt a reality that isn't painful, hard, tough, difficult, heart wrenching... I am almost afraid to consider one that is nice, friendly, fun, sweet, enjoyable, pleasant.
I guess time will tell. In the meantime, my journeys between universes will probably remain difficult. The contrast is wrenching.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment