Saturday, May 17, 2008

Feelings - whoa whoa whoa

How many emotions can a person feel at one moment - and remain sane and balanced?
Not sure - but it does give you that 'fresh off the roller coaster, I think I am going to hurl' kind of feeling.
Most disconcerting are the feelings that sneak up behind your ear and hit you like a 2x4. Usually when you are driving and the song on the radio takes you somewhere else and allows the feeling to sneak without your noticing it...
Personally - almost every emotion that crosses my psyche gets dissected. Some warrant a call to my BFF for help with the dissection. and reassurance that I am 'normal'. But always the dissection yields interesting glimpses into my person - who I am so intrigued by.
I know myself pretty well - much better than most - purely because of this pathological need to constantly view cross sections of my angst- but there are times I have shocked myself with my own intensity.
I do like owning and steering my mood - lately it has been a crap shoot though. Working on it...

No comments: