Monday, March 10, 2008

something else (finally )

well - yeah - it has been awhile - but I have a lot going on. if you know me - you know it. if not, make up something spicy.

today's issue - violent TV - having those images in your home - how prevalent that crap is - and how many people actually think it is OK - and no big deal - and fine if the little kids watch it - it's fake, right? - what is there really to get bent out of shape about? - I hate the crap.
I think that Hollywood has created more gore and more heinous movie plots than real life has ever given us.
so - violence is part of life - this world we live in is violent - but why do we have to make more - and spend our free time soaking in it? why can't we just let the people who truly love it go to movie theaters - without their children to watch it
that way families wouldn't ever have to even accidentally see it - or watch it because the person in charge of the remote loves it - or just wants to see what happens next - who cares - it is gross!!
OK 'nuf vent.
if you are a lover of the crap violent stuff - post your defense - otherwise I will assume that you agree with me!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm probably a bad person to respond to this, as I'm working on a career transition to true-crime writing. I don't like violence for violence's sake, but I do like the stories about people that surround such acts. What got these people to this point in their lives? What choices did they make ... and what choices did they NOT make? To me, that's fascinating ... not the brutality itself.

And I watch no TV.

Random Penny said...

I completely agree - I am a huge true crime fan myself. But the blog was about visual violence in movies and television - especially when it lends little to telling the story and is included more for shock value.
Career transition? this is huge!!