Friday, December 7, 2007

Lately

It has been awhile since I had time (or brain) to blog. I have been working, and doing school, and taking care of sick family (the bad kind of sick), and enjoying Facebook, and buying a new car and surviving the influx of in-laws for Thanksgiving.
And I am well, though tired. Overwhelmed often with what must be accomplished in never enough time. Thinking fondly of friends, while missing them terribly. Not really enjoying the town to which I have moved (idiots, all inbred idiots).
Went to Declan's Christmas concert at school yesterday - and it was cute. Why are my kids the ones who always want to play social hour during performances, and pull their shirts over their heads, and never know the words? I wasn't like that as a kid. Pretty sure Nick wasn't either. So I sit in the audience, wondering that, but loving their spontaneity and free spirits. Sitting next to my husband who just seethes and boils over it. Whatever.
Well, Christmas is about 3 weeks away and I am not even thinking in the right direction. It kind of bugs me too. Why do I have to buy for people who have too much, for people I am not that fond of, for people who always give me crappy gifts, for people who never give me anything...?
and fight the crowds, and again after Christmas for returns...
I want to spend my Christmas at home, with only my family and not drive in traffic, and not cook an 'assignment', and not get dressed up.
Cozy flannel 'jammies, cup of coffee, good book, kids playing happily with whatever they wanted, fire going, cat purring happily on my lap, another snugin' in the crook of my knees. That is what I want for Christmas.
Maybe next year...

No comments: