Going to dinner tomorrow with a group of friends from high school. Some I have seen in the recent past - most I saw at the 20 year reunion - but I was in a post-baby, I think my husband is having an affair, laid off from work funk. So, my input and conversation ability was stilted to say the least. But these are people I love. I lived with most of them for 3 years (love boarding school) and we knew each other rather well then. Now, we have been spread all over and are gathering back - so the conversation should be rich and fun. From our Facebook pictures we are all aging well, some of us have added pounds. Most of us have kids to talk about...
I hope I have a wonderful time.
This is a thing I would never have done pre-divorce. Just wouldn't have been allowed...
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We had an awesome evening. My observations:
1. Everybody looked better at 42/43 than they did at 18.
2. No more cliques or HS bullshit — everybody had relaxed, mellowed and grown into themselves. If there are still insecurities that govern us, they're well-concealed.
3. Even though I hadn't seen a few of these people in 25 years, it felt like the friendships had picked right up where they left off. Nobody felt like an inaccessible stranger to me.
4. Everybody looked really healthy. Maybe there WAS something to all that soy we had shoveled down our throats.
5. Everybody there is somebody I'd like to see again. A lot.
6. Nobody there was living in the past to the exclusion of the present. I didn't get the "the-best-years-of-my-life-were-in-high-school" vibe from anyone. We've all been successful by the various ways we define success.
It was a great time. Thanks for being an essential part of it, Penny.
Post a Comment